Penelope Cruz Food Poisoning During Cannes Film Festival
Penelope Cruz had to miss an event at the Cannes Film Festival after being sidelined with food poisoning on Monday.
Weinstein Co. boss Harvey Weinstein broke the news to reporters Monday at an event promoting the Oscar winner’s upcoming musical, Nine, which also star Nicole Kidman. Penelope had been set to appear, but Weinstein said she was ill with “some sort of food poisoning” and was seeing a physican.
“Tomorrow night is her premiere for her movie. She is getting better and is seeing a doctor right now,” Harvey told reporters, according to PEOPLE.
Penelope stars in Pedro Almodovar’s Broken Embraces, which is due to have its Cannes premiere on Tuesday.