Peaches Geldof Cause of Death Revealed: Heroin Overdose
Peaches Geldof apparently died of a heroin overdose, eerily similar to her mother’s death 14 years ago. Detectives will reportedly confirm that the British socialite died from a drug overdose at a brief public inquest hearing set for later this morning, according to reports.
Geldof, 25, was found dead at the Kent home she shared with husband Thomas Cohen and their sons — Phaedra, one, and Astala, two — on April 7. Young Phaedra was found by her side.
According to Kent Coroner Roger Hatch a toxicology test found Peaches’ died as a direct result of the class-A drug — which is growing in popularity among suburban youth here in the United States. Police discovered no evidence of drugs paraphernalia in the house, sparking speculation that a friend or family member may have removed evidence from the property prior to the arrival of paramedics.
Those close to Peaches say the young wife and mother had become increasingly “obsessed” with the death of her own mom in the weeks leading up to her suspected overdose. Geldof was 11 when her model mother, Paula Yates, succumbed to a heroin overdose in 2000. Peaches later said it took her years to fully grief the loss.
No widget added yet.