Jason Derulo Fractures Neck in Rehearsal Mishap
Oh dear…Poor Jason Derulo!
The singer has pulled the plug on his upcoming tour of the UK after fracturing his neck during rehearals on Wednesday.
He tweeted that the accident happened while he was “doing tumbling & acrobatics 4 tour.”
“Always tryin 2 push boundaries 4 YOU! Like my new chain? ;),” Jason wrote, posting a link to the image above.
The 22-year-old “Whatcha Say” hit-maker missed a landing and fell on his neck, causing an acute fracture of his vertebra, doctors say.
He was taken to a hospital in Pembroke Pines, Florida, where medics said he “could have” been left paralyzed. Jason has since been released with orders to wear a neck brace for several months.
He’s been advised to take it easy — which means buh-bye to his planned trek around the UK. The crooner behind the popular tune “It Girl” says he’s “in deep pain” for his fans after being forced to cancel dates on the European leg of his Future History World Tour, which had been due to launch in Glasgow on Feb. 23.
In a press release issued by Warner Bros. Records later Thursday, a somber Jason said:
“To all my fans who planned to come to the Future History World tour, the pain of letting you down cuts me way deeper than this injury I’ve sustained…My fans mean everything to me, so I’m praying for a speedy recovery in order to perform for you in the near future.”
Derulo stans with tickets for the upcoming shows — including those in Birmingham, Sheffield and Cardiff and London — are eligible for a refund.