Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull battled it’s way to the top of the U.S box office this Memorial Day Weekend, earning $126 million in it’s first four days of release. Indy 4, the franchise’s first film in nineteen years, witnessed a sixty-five-year old Harrison Ford in his signature role as archeologist Indiana Jones. The opening falls just $2 million short of the Memorial Day Weekend record set by Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End in 2007.
Take a look at how the Weekend Box Office Top Ten rounded out.
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, $126 million.
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, $23 million.
3. Iron Man, $20.1 million.
4. What Happens in Vegas, $9 million.
5. Speed Racer, $4 million.
6. Made of Honor, $3.4 million.
7. Baby Mama, $3.3 million.
8. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, $1.7 million.
9. Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, $900,000.
10. The Visitor, $800,000.