FOX says it is not paying “The Hardest-Working Man In Showbusiness” $15 million a year to host American Idol. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ryan Seacrest recently signed a new $45 million deal to continue hosting the top-rated talent competition over the next three years, but when asked about the deal at the Television Critics Association panel on Thursday morning, Pete Rice, the network’s Chairman of Entertainment, said the Seacrest had been offered no such deal.
“That’s been written a lot recently. Ryan is still in his old contract on ‘Idol,”” he said. “Ryan made a deal with CKX, which encompasses much more than ‘Idol’ and Ryan is not being paid $15 million a year to be on ‘Idol.’”