Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room over the weekend.
The 31-year old actor has battled drug and alcohol demons since the tender age of 19. Today, the British Columbia coroner’s office confirmed today that Monteith died of a drug overdose, officially referred to as mixed drug toxicity, with heroin and alcohol being among the substances found in his body.
Barb McClintock stated that the investigation into Monteith’s death is ongoing. McClintock also confirmed that the actor’s family was notified of the autopsy findings before they were released to the media.
No funeral arrangements for Cory have been made public at this time.