Amy Winehouse Died of Alcohol Poisoning
A London pathologist says accidental alcohol poisoning killed music soul diva Amy Winehouse.
The late singer, 27, was five times the legal limit when she was found died in her Camden apartment last July. An inquest into Winehouse’s death revealed that the singer was poisoned by alcohol after returning to drinking on the evening of Friday, July 22 — ending a three-week bout of sobriety. Two large empty bottles of vodka were discovered near Amy’s body.
Winehouse had a sordid history with alcohol and drugs, but toxicology tests found no traces of illegal substances in her body. An autopsy found her vital organs were in good health, but she had huge amounts of alcohol in her system which likely stopped her breathing and sent her into a coma, according to British medical examiner Suzanne Greenway.
“She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death.”
Written by Castina on October 26th, 2011 | Tagged as: Amy Winehouse