21 Signs You’re An Old Soul
Ever feel like the world is just too modern for you? Do you feel nostalgic for the slower days of the turn-of-the-century or that the world is just too loud, too scary, too digital? You’re not alone. If these sound like you, you’re the quintessential old soul, and maybe you belong in an earlier time.
1. You’re full of wisdom that your friends flock to you for, because they know they’ll get excellent advice.
2. You can’t turn off that voice inside your head that keeps you from YOLOing and letting loose — you’re thinking of the consequences.
3. You have lots of vinyl from the 20s, 30s, and 40s.
4. Old photographs are your particular brand of crack.
5. You think life was so much better a hundred years ago.
6. Vintage shopping is a weekly — if not daily — activity.
7. You frequently mother your own parents and friends and love to take care of them.
8. You’re an introvert and you enjoy solitude, meditation, and deep thinking about the big questions of life — frivolous is the very opposite of you.
9. You crave a simple life filled with simple pleasures: a steady job, a family you love, basic creature comforts, and being at one with nature.
10. People call you a hipster, but you’re not. You’re the real deal.
11. You’re creative, artistic, and get the greatest pleasure from expressing your view and outlook of the world.
12. You crave friendships that are few, but very meaningful. You love having deep conversations with the closest people in your life.
13. You’ve hit major milestones in your life before your friends and peers have.
14. You like meandering around towns, historic sites, museums, and thrift stores.
15. You’re attracted to certain time periods of art, literature, poetry, and history.
16. You’re a hopeless romantic.
17. You’re instinctual and tend to make decisions based on a gut feeling or intuition rather than on logic or passion.
18. You make coffee in a French press.
19. You may feel like you were born generations — or centuries — too late for your own comfort.
20. You’re attracted to analog methods of doing things: writing letters, wearing a real watch, keeping a notebook or planner instead of a smartphone, and you keep your social media interaction to a minimum.
21. You’ve totally nodded yes to most of these things.
You’re not alone.
Gifs (3) from Giphy.com